International Open University Dual Program
يَرْفَعِ اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مِنكُمْ وَالَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْعِلْمَ دَرَجَاتٍ ۚ وَاللَّهُ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ خَبِيرٌ
“Allah will raise those who have believed among you and those who were given knowledge, by degrees. And Allah is acquainted with what you do.” [The Noble Qur’an 58:11]
The International Open University Dual Program has been launched in order to further facilitate the undertaking of the sacred journey of seeking knowledge. The IOU students can enroll in two different programs from two different departments,simultaneously, under the “Dual Program”.
The students have to meet the requirements of both the programs to be eligible to enroll into the Dual Program. The criteria are as follows:
- For Bachelor’s / Associate of Science or Arts / Certificate Programs: minimum requirement is a high school diploma or its equivalent certificate.
- For Higher Diploma: minimum requirement is an accredited bachelor’s degree.
Various Combinations of the IOU Dual Program
The exhaustive list of the diverse combinations of the various IOU programs from the different departments under the Dual Program is as follows:
- 2 bachelor’s degree programs (2 different departments)
- A bachelor’s degree program and an accredited 2-year Associate of Science or Arts program (2 different departments)
- A bachelor’s degree program and an accredited 1-year certificate program (2 different departments)
- 2 accredited 2-year Associate of Science or Arts programs (2 different departments)
- 2 accredited 1-year certificate programs (2 different departments)
- A 2-year Associate of Science or Arts program and a 1-year certificate program (2 different departments)
- Any bachelor’s degree program except the BAIS and the Bridge to MAIS (BMAIS) program
- Intensive Arabic Program and any bachelor, Associate of Science or Arts, higher diploma, or certificate program
The seven departments at the IOU are:
- Department of Arabic Language and Linguistics
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Education
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance
- Department of Islamic Studies
- Department of Psychology
Dual Program Duration
The maximal length of the various combinations of the Dual Program ranges from a period of minimum 3 to maximum 12 years.
Under this program the students can enroll in maximum 12 courses per semester
- Students can enroll in as less as total 2 courses only; that is, 1 course per program.
- Each student’s total number of enrolled courses in both programs cannot exceed 12.
Studying with the International Open University is affordable and manageable. We are an institute that seeks its reward from Allah. With just the modest registration fee per semester, the cost of an International Open University Dual Program is a small fraction of the total cost of a comparable degree from a public university or other online universities.
The registration fee under the Dual Program includes:
- Registration fee for program 1
- Registration fee for program 2
- Internal credit transfer fee for the common courses in both the programs
Each registration fee ranges from US $120 to US $300 per semester based on the standard of living in the student’s country of residence.
Please see the sliding scale fee structure for more detail here.
All course materials are available online free of charge.
The Dual Program admission process is explained in the Process Section (second tab above).
This program aims to broaden the scope and provide a greater opportunity of seeking knowledge for the IOU students. We hope that this feature will facilitate the extraction of the maximum benefit from the various streams of study. Interested students are strongly advised to ponder and reflect upon it before embarking upon the journey.