Sheikh Abu Umar is famous for his passion of teaching and learning.He is more famous for his moving and emotional khutbas (Friday sermons) and lectures. He migrated to Toronto with his family around 15 years ago. Even though he completed his certificate and training in ‘building maintenance & supervision’, his interest in learning and excelling in Islamic knowledge was always greater.
He travelled to his main teacher Sheikh Dr. Abduladheem Badawi in a village in Egypt where he was the only foreigner! Turned out to be the best moments of his life, and consequently he benefitted a lot studying in an ideal environment and gaining the personal attention of his Shaykh who was more like a father.While in Egypt he also travelled extensively and met with other scholars whom he benefitted from.
Sheikh Abu Umar holds several ijaazah’s in famous classical books with chains that go directly back to the Noble Prophet: Sahih al-Bukhari (with a very high chain), Sahih Muslim, 40 Hadeeth Nawawi, Muwatta of Imam Maalik, Waraqat of Imam Juwayni, and many more.
Sheikh Abu Umar is recognized as one of the best translators of Arabic to English, a task which has led him to meet and benefit from over 50 different scholars, professors, and propagators of Islamic knowledge from different countries of the world.
Sheikh Abu Umar has featured numerous times on the international English channel: Al-Huda TV, on programs like: The Straight Path, Book Review (where he was interviewed on his different books and authorship), and his 26 episode program, which is still being aired: ‘The Way to Bliss: How to Achieve Happiness.’ He also has featured on GuideUS TV which is based in the United States. He also has done programs in Swahili for Africa TV and Radio Salaam.
The Sheikh is also involved in comparative religion studies and activities. He lectures at different higher learning institutions, and travels to spread the call of peace in Arabic, English and Swahili.
He has been involved with multiple Islamic centres in Canada for the last ten years, and is famously known for his open-door policy where everyone is welcomed to his office.
Three years ago, he formed The Clear Arabic Institute, a premier institute of teaching the Arabic language to both Arabs and non-Arabs. Sheikh Abu Umar still considers himself a student of knowledge.
To contact the sheikh:
Personal email: firstname.lastname@example.org
List of Published Books:
- The Excellence of The Qur’an & The Companion of the Qur’an, compilation & translation, 2007
- The Excellence of ‘Aisha (The Mother of the Believers), compilation & translation, 2008
- 60 Questions on the Blood of the Women, Sheikh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, translation, 2009. The book was reviewed and approved by the Ibn Uthaymeen Charity Organization.
- The Hijaab (Jilbaab) of the Muslim Woman as in the Qur’an & Sunnah, Sheikh Al-Albaani, translation, 2009
- The Aqeedah of Imam Abul Hasan al-Ash’ari, Sheikh Hammad al-Ansari, translation, 2010
- The Aqeedah of Ahlu-Sunnah on the Mahdi, Sheikh Abdulmuhsin al-Abbad, translation, 2010
- The 1st Call, The 1st Order and The 1stProhibition of the Qur’an, authored 2012
- How to Protect yourself from Shaytan (the devil) and Sihr (magic), compilation & translation 2013
- The Accepted Du’a & Du’as from the Qur’an & Sunnah, Sheikh Hamad & Sheikh Said Wahf Qahtani, translation, 2013
- The ISIS crisis, An academic refutation, 2015
- Diseases of the Heart and their Cures, 2017