Master of Education (MEd)
> Program Overview
The Master of Education (MEd) program was designed to deepen students’ conceptual understanding of education and professional practice, encouraging inquiry into education areas of interest. It involves extensive research, and contributing valuable insights and understanding to existing literature. The program enables students to expand their insights in the field of education.
It aims to develop the following skills sets:
- Participation in international discourses in education
- Identifying and solving problems related to research methodology
- Collecting, processing, and critically analysing information
- Communicating effectively through visual and/or language skills in various forms such as presentations, process notes and assignments
- Understanding the world as a set of related systems, recognising that problem-solving contexts do not exist in isolation
- Reflection on and exploring a variety of strategies to learn more effectively in the 21st century.
The program adopts a coursework-based approach that provides the student with advanced studies in education, inclusive of strategically selected focal areas of inquiry in the choice of electives available in the second semester. The mini-dissertation completed in the second year must demonstrate sound scholarship and contribute to the field’s existing body of knowledge.
This MEd program utilizes a contemporary approach and draws on key discussions and debates in the field.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will receive their Master of Education degree.
Career paths for graduates of this programme include: university/college lecturer, researcher, educator and teacher.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of the MEd students should be able to:
PLO1 Conduct research competently and responsibly on advanced levels
PLO2 Produce a research report/manuscript/dissertation in education
PLO3 Demonstrate advanced familiarity within the field of education
PLO4 Demonstrate mastery of a specific domain pertaining to education
PLO5 Demonstrate professional and effective oral and written communication skills
IOU’s VISION & MISSION
The Master of Education program aligns with the vision and mission of IOU by:
- Providing facilitated access to quality higher education to all students around the world, particularly in the field of Education Studies
- Promoting Islamic values of peace, harmony and tolerance, embedded in the curriculum, pedagogical practices, and teaching approaches
- Contributing to the establishment and strengthening of knowledge-based communities globally through the teaching and learning activities of the program
- Committing to creating diverse, scholarly communities, where students are encouraged to engage in intellectual rigor, high ethical standards, and critical evaluation
Research Methodology in Education
Research Proposal in Education
|The student must choose ONE area of specialization below:
Diversity and Equity in Education
Pedagogical Approaches for 21st Century Teaching
ICT’s in Education
Minor Dissertation in Education