The International Open University (IOU) is an approved member institution of the Association of African Universities (AAU).
he Association of African Universities is an international non-governmental organization set up by universities in Africa to promote cooperation among themselves and between them and the international Academic community.
The AAU is the apex organization and principal forum for consultation, exchange of information and cooperation among the universities in Africa; and where appropriate, the AAU works in collaboration with other national and international organizations, including governments.
The AAU has affiliations with an increasing number of organizations within and outside Africa, and has signed Memoranda of Understanding with a number of others.
I. Organizations with which AAU is affiliated
- International Association of Universities (IAU)
- Association of Arab Universities
- Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Association of Partly or Wholly French-speaking Universities (AUPELF)
- United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)
- African and Malagasy Council for Higher Education (CAMES)
- International Foundation of Science (IFS)
- Accorded Observer Status at the African Union (AU)
- Accorded Observer Status at the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Accorded Observer Status at the United Nations University (UNU)
II. Organizations with which AAU has signed Memoranda of Understanding
- Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC)
- National Association for Equal Opportunities in Higher Education (NAFEO)
- New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD)
- African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF)
The IOU membership can be verified ? here??.