International Open University
News & Events
25 OCT 2023
IOU Job Vacancy : Head Librarian
A well-established online library is the key to promoting and strengthening research
activities in a university. Therefore, we are pleased to announce the position of a dynamic
Head Librarian who will provide visionary leadership in creating, sustaining and further
developing our online resources. We are undergoing a transformation program and are
particularly looking for a Head Librarian with specific expertise in digital resource
Please note that candidates who have already applied for this position need not re-apply for it. Please send your applications along with detailed copies of CVs and supporting documents to: Recruitment Team: firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for receiving applications is: 28 November, 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Essential: BA / BS in Library Science along with excellent computer skills
Desirable: Additional relevant qualifications and a higher level of relevant computer
skills would be advantageous
Essential: At least five years of experience in developing and administering digital
library and relevant resources
Desirable: Additional experience would be advantageous
Essential: Excellent written and verbal skills in English
Desirable: Fluency in Arabic
(4) Additional Qualities
Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills
Excellent time management skills especially in managing competing priorities and
working under pressure
JOB PROFILE AND DUTIES
(1) Development of a state-of-the-art digital library for the effective exploitation of
information resources for students and staff.
(2) Provide administrative, professional and academic leadership and direct the
affairs of the library for the actualization of the vision, mission and objectives of the
(3) Establishment and development of online and onsite networks of the library system of
(4) Management of all available human and material resources in the most productive
(5) Development and implementation of appropriate digital library policies.
(6) Overall administration of the university digital library and provision of library
services for the entire university and its constituent faculties, departments, centers
(7) Provision of ever-increasing high-quality library and information resources for the
enhancement of teaching and research activities in the university, its bodies and
centers spread out in several countries of the world.
(8) Cooperation/collaboration with other libraries and information centers (nationally
and internationally) to create a network of resources accessible and
beneficial to students and staff of the university.
(9) Perform any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the higher authorities of