IOU students who have studied and completed one or more of the courses taught in the Master of Arts in Islamic Studies degree program at other accredited universities may apply for a university credit transfer or college credit transfer.
- Credit transfer will only be processed for the graduate level courses studied and completed with a passing grade at an accredited university or college. Credit transfer will NOT be accepted for subjects studied at schools or private institutions. The term “graduate level” denotes master’s level and above. Undergraduate course credits are not suitable for the M.A. credit transfer.
- A student can request a university credits transfer or college credits transfer for a maximum of eight courses.
- Attested supporting documents of external credit transfer must be airmailed to the admissions office along with other required documents for admission confirmation. The supporting documents of credit transfer include photocopies of university transcripts bearing proof of successful completion of relevant courses against which transfer credits have been approved. Each of the documents must bear a notary stamp and signature.
FEE STRUCTURE FOR UNIVERSITY CREDITS TRANSFER OR COLLEGE CREDITS TRANSFER
Application Processing Fee
- A standard, non-refundable processing fee, equivalent to half the normal semester fee, is charged for the credit transfer application. (Please click here to see the full time and part time semester fees plans for the country of your residence. For example, students from very high developed countries paying the part time semester fee of $425 would be charged USD $212.5 for a credit transfer application
- The credit transfer request will be processed only after the application processing fee is received by IOU.
This amount will be credited towards the credit transfer fees (see below) if the credit transfer application is found to meet the criteria and is granted. Do note, however, that if the credit transfer application does not meet the criteria and is rejected, the application processing fee will neither be refunded nor credited towards any other fee (like semester fees, etc). So please be sure that you meet the above criteria before applying for credit transfers.
Credit Transfer Fee
- The credit transfer fee is applicable only after the CT application has been accepted.
- The credit transfer fee is equivalent to the fees of one semester (per every six courses). For example, if a student requests a credit transfer for up to six courses, he/she would pay the fee which is equivalent to one semester of study. If the student requests a credit transfer for seven to twelve courses, he/she would have to pay the fees equivalent to two semesters of study.