Masters of Arts in Islamic Studies (MAIS) – Coursework
> Qualification Rules
- Unless the Senate decides otherwise, first-year candidates shall not register for any module other than those prescribed in their first year of the approved study program.
- Unless the Senate decides otherwise, candidates who have failed a particular module in three separate examinations shall not be allowed to re-register for that module.
- For the purpose of the above rule, a re-examination in a module shall not constitute a separate examination.
- For the above rule, a re-examination in a module shall not constitute a separate examination.
- Candidates shall only be permitted to register for any modules in the second year of study if they have passed at least 60 credits of the modules prescribed in their first year.
- Candidates who have not completed all the foundational modules in the program after two (2) years of full-time study will not be allowed to re-register for the program.
- Unless the Senate decides otherwise:
- The degree may be obtained as full time study only.
- Full-time registration will require students to register for a minimum of 40 credits and a maximum of 60 credits per academic semester.
- Candidates must comply with the minimum registration requirements for modules in certain subjects, where applicable.
- No candidate shall obtain more than one degree concurrently whilst enrolled as a full-time student at IOU.
- The degree shall be obtained by completing the modules as prescribed by the Senate.
- The degree shall be awarded cum laude if candidates comply with the requirements as stipulated in the General Prospectus.